Show & Tell / Memories 2

BHCG Virtual Celebration / Blog: Show & Tell         

Rugs From The Past         

These pieces were exhibited prior to the 2017 Show. Use the label "Show & Tell" to see other rugs showcased in the past.   

Special Show & Tell / Memories # 2 : Travel Memories  


Jeanne Osler. Memories of Lerici. Italy. Original



Jeanne Osler 
Memories of Lerici, Italy
Original
22.5 x 37 inches 

This story comes from the late Jeanne Osler’s son John. 

My family and I were living in Italy from 1996 to 1999. We rented an old home (~400 years old) on the grounds of an Italian villa in Pugliola, Italy (near Lerici as Mom identified on the tag on the back). It was once the living quarters for the servants and was called “Il Casalino”, or the little house. Mom and Dad came to visit us along with my Aunt Norma. Mom was fascinated by the hand-painted tiles on the floor in the living room. She took pictures, made sketches, and then created a beautiful hooked rug replica of that floor. My wife remembers that Mom hand-dyed the wool to match the colours.



Jeanne's inspiration




***


Maria Romero. Poas. Original 




Maria Romero
Poas

2006
Original
14 x 12 inches

Volcanoes fascinate me. Poas was the first volcano I saw in my life during a trip to Costa Rica. It was a misty morning and I remember very vividly how I was amazed once the clouds opened, allowing me to contemplate Poas’ huge crater with its beautiful turquoise lagoon. I took a lot of pictures, of course! This piece is part of a series of the world's volcanoes. It was exhibited in The St-Henri 2007 Show, Hooked in the Mountains 2009, and the 2015 BHCG 40th Anniversary Exhibition. I gave it to my sister as a gift.



 ***


Louise G. de Tonnancour. Round trip to New Mexico



Louise G. de Tonnancour
Round trip to New Mexico

Original
60-inch diameter

I always wanted to see New Mexico. My dream became reality during a March school break in 2003. Upon my return, I designed this rug and decided to make it in the punch needle technique.
This piece was shown in the April 2009 Show and Tell.


***

Double Show & Tell !

This month we offer you a Double Show and Tell about Memories!  
Follow the link to see Family Memories related rugs: Memories #1  / Show & Tell Page

 
Memories #1: Family Memories




Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

Picnic

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs