Show & Tell / April 2020

Show & Tell: Easter_

This is a selection of rugs from our last Exhibition, held in September 2017 at Centennial Hall. Use the posts' label "Show and Tell" of this Blog to see the rugs showcased in the past.   

Rosemary Jean Hudson
Sugaring off. A Rittermere Pattern hooked by Rosemary Jean Hudson

Sugaring off
Rosemary Jean Hudson

This Rittermere pattern represents a typical Quebec sugar-shack scene: the collecting of the sap from maple trees to make maple syrup, which takes place between mid-March and the end of April.



Cathy Wilson
Bunny, hooked by Cathy Wilson

Bunny
Cathy Wilson

Judith Dallegret and Susan Alain helped me with the design of my bunny rug. I got to use a variety of blue wool from my stash. This rug is on the floor in my very small bathroom.




Debbie Séguin
Hit and Miss Birds, by Debbie Séguin


Hit and Miss Birds
Debbie Séguin

My husband and I love birds, in fact one of our spare bedrooms is called the Birdroom. I decided to hook a bird rug with scraps of wool I had. It’s hooked with strips of wool blankets, recycled clothing, and leftover worms from previous rugs hooked.
I really enjoyed hooking it!



Nancy Thompson
The Farm, A Deanne Fitzpatrick pattern hooked by Nancy Thompson


The Farm
Nancy Thompson

This piece is a very early Deanne Fitzpatrick pattern which I modified to add our two dogs. This rug is on the wall in my grandson’s room.



Claire Fradette
Little Sheep, Original by Claire Fradette


Little Sheep
Claire Fradette

This Little sheep is a small original design I created using the punch-needle technique.


Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

200 Cushions

Picnic

Rug Hooking Designs