Message from the co-President_2026
It is an honour to serve as a newly appointed co-President of the Beaconsfield Hooking Crafters Guild. Although I am a newcomer to the craft, I am a practicing artist with my BFA in Art History and Studio Art from Concordia University, with a particular focus on Fibre Arts.
Fibre arts have always held a special place in my family. Quilting, needlework, and other creative traditions have been passed down through generations, along with a deep appreciation for making something beautiful and useful by hand.
I am also proud to trace my roots back to Loyalist settlers in New England and the Maritimes, who brought with them a resourcefulness, and determination to create new lives with what they had. Including a wonderful tradition of rug hooking.
I am eager to learn more about this art form, to understand its techniques and traditions, and to incorporate new skills into my own creative repertoire.
I look forward to learning from each of you, sharing in our collective knowledge, and helping our Guild continue to thrive.
I look forward to learning from each of you, sharing in our collective knowledge, and helping our Guild continue to thrive.
Whether you are an experienced hooker or have never picked up a rug hook before, all are welcome. Come discover the history, creativity, and joy of rug hooking—and try this amazing craft for yourself!
It is a privilege to be part of such a talented and welcoming community, and I am excited for the creative journey ahead.
It is a privilege to be part of such a talented and welcoming community, and I am excited for the creative journey ahead.
Warmly,
Erin Morehouse
Co-President, [BHCG]
Co-President, [BHCG]