Show & tell / April - June 2015

Rug Hooking - Beaconsfield Hooking Crafters Guild
Hooked by Claire Fradette



Flowers on a Brown Background

By Claire Fadette
This rug that I finished in 2012  is 14 inches high x 28 inches wide. This rug came from a donation. From time to time the Guild gets donation of old rugs, sometimes just an old pattern on burlap or linen, sometimes a rug that was begun many years ago and never finished. This was a pattern on very old burlap with many weak spots and holes. I glued a new backing to the reverse side to reinforce it and from there I proceeded to hook with no. 3 cut recycled wool. The background was hooked in various shades of brown wool. 



Rug Hooking - Beaconsfield Hooking Crafters Guild
Hooked by Maria Romero



My Aunt Ena

By Maria Romero

My aunt Ena gave me a gift of a doily crocheted with a border pattern of orange flowers. Wishing to hook a mat to thank her, I decided to use the doily edges as a finishing touch to a round hooked piece. The design I chose was the portrait of a woman painted by the Spanish artist Joaquin Soroya. I like the results: the contrast between the colours and the blending of techniques. My aunt was very pleased with her gift. 


Rug Hooking - Beaconsfield Hooking Crafters Guild
Hooked by Denise Vandenbemden


Little Blue 
By Denise Vandenbemden

This floral rug which I hooked in 2012  is an original pattern. I drew the flowers, then reversed the pattern to obtain a mirror image. The rug, which measures 22 in. high x 32 in, long, was hooked on burlap using recycled wool which I had previously custom dyed in a various shades of blue.  The background is white shaded with blue while the edges are finished with blue binding,  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs

Picnic