Show & Tell / Valentine's Day

February 14th _  

Special Show & Tell: Valentine's Day


In line with our Show and Tell theme this month, Rug Hooking through the Generations, it was having received the gift of Carolyn’s grandmother Daisy and her great-great grandmother’s Inch rug that inspired Carolyn to carry on her family tradition. Here is her heart-warming rug and story.

Heart and Stripes, a Linda MacDonald design hooked by Carolyn Ells.



Carolyn Ells
Hearts and Stripes

2005
Linda MacDonald design
12 in x 12 in
#5 cut


This is the first rug I hooked. I completed it in 2005. It is designed by the late Linda MacDonald and I bought it as a kit at her shop, Rags to Rugs in Pictou, Nova Scotia. I planned to teach myself rug hooking, but Linda knew of a teacher in Montreal. Soon I was taking an evening course from Judith Dallegret. Judith “upcycled” the natural wool in the beginner’s kit, by dyeing one portion a mottled pink (for the hearts) and the other a mottled turquoise (for the stripes).

Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

Picnic

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs