Show & Tell / April - June 2014




Beaconsfield Hooking Crafters Guild
The Red House - Jacques Lepage

The Red House - Jacques Lepage
 

This is my first rug which represents hours and hours of trials and errors. I began the original design by hooking the house and barn and the rest came along as I worked. The rug was hooked in #8 cut recycled wool on burlap. To finish, I whipped the edges of this rug which measures 12-3/4 in. x 29 in.


Beaconsfield Hooking Crafters Guild
Rooster and Chicken - Isabelle Rollin



Rooster and Chicken - Isabelle Rollin

The colour of a blazer inspired me to design this rug depicting a  Chicken and a Rooster; my favourite barnyard animals. This was my second rug which I hooked on rug warp using recycled wool. The rug measures 15-1/2 in. x 16-1/4 in. and is hooked with #4 and #6 cut wool. I finished it by whipping the edges.



Beaconsfield Hooking Crafters Guild
Oxen In Summer - Rose Kandy


Oxen In Summer - Rose Kandy
 

This rug which measures 16 in. x 18 in. came in a kit form purchased from the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia (pattern #304 (c) 3H Designs). It is a design adapted from a Maud Lewis painting. This rug was hooked on burlap with new #4 cut wool. To finish, the rug was professionally framed. I love these merry oxen - the colours are vibrant and cheerful as in all Maud Lewis art.




Beaconsfield Hooking Crafters Guild
Family Portrait - Maria Romero

Family Portrait - Dad, Mom, Baby and Me - Maria Romero

I wanted to hook coasters with a  Chicken Family theme. I had a rectangular piece of linen left over from a previous hooking project. So, to use up this remnant, I drew the family members cartoon style, one beside the other. As the project took form, I decided not to make coasters but to keep the frames together as a small rectangular rug. This was the first time that I hooked words on a rug, believe me it is not at all as easy as one would think!!

Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs

Picnic