Show & Tell - December 2008


Denise Vandenbemden

Candles In The Window
Hooked by Denise Vandenbemden

We wanted to do something special for our 2008 exhibition and the first idea was to create a small piece with candles. I love stained glass and downloaded, from the Internet, a free stained glass pattern reminding me of the beautiful windows in art deco houses. I adapted it to my own taste by making it a double window and choosing the pastel colors I like, although these are more often seen in church windows than in art deco houses. I added the candles and that was it. The result is what you see here.
The size is 16 x 16" hooked on burlap with cut #4. The colors are dyed on new natural wool.
  

Maureen Rowe

Memory Of My Wedding Day
Designed and Hooked by Maureen Rowe

Our wedding photographer made a composite photograph of my husband Hugh and me, kissing inside a brandy glass on a table next to a candle and a rose. So this rug is my recreation of a wonderful memory of May 21, 1977.



Denise Morissette

Christmas Candles
Hooked by Denise Morissette


I was looking for an inspiration for the “Candle Challenge Rug” and I found it on the Internet. I saw a picture with Christmas decorations and candles and I decided to do an adaptation of it. I used cuts number 6 and number 3.

Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs

Picnic