Show & Tell - June 2008


For the launching of our Web site, we chose an aquatic theme inspired by the Lac St-Louis -which is a door step of our guild house-, the Internet navigation and the concept of being "hooked".


Lorayne Charenko

Fisherman
Hooked by Lorayne Charenko


This is a rug I made with Lois Morris in one of her portrait workshops. I learned a lot about shadows and portraits and I was very excited. After this course, I was looking at people differently, observing shadows skins tones, people’s noses and other features. I was looking for an inspiration for my portrait and I found it in a National Geographic Magazine. I saw a male portrait and I decided to do one fisherman smoking a pipe. So, this is an adaptation from a picture in an old National Geographic Magazine. I used a number 3 and 4 cut. I over dyed old pieces and material reclaim and I dyed the background myself.





Lois Morris
Lois J. Morris. A Fish in your Dish. 

A fish in your dish
Designed and hooked by Lois J. Morris

My daughter and her family are great fish eaters so I made them a set of placements to use when they are eating on their deck.
This is one placement of eight. The mats are all hooked with the same colors arranged in a different manner making all the fish look different, while they all go together color wise as a set.
The fish designs were hooked with left over cut pieces of wool and are made of many different cuts mixed together.


Louise G. de Tonnancour
Louise G. de Tonnancour. High Tide, Low Tide. Original.

High Tide, Low Tide
Designed and hooked Louise G. de Tonnancour

One day, a friend quilter gave me a bag of scraps (100% wool). The whole of the colors inspired me to design and realize this rug. I have hooked in the traditional way and I have used the old technique of proddy. The bubbles were hooked with transparent plastic bags.

Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs

Picnic