Show & Tell / November 2016

Featured Member: Dawna Matthew

Celebrating the Monarch butterflies annual migrations across North America



Dawna Mathhew
Prairie Remnant - Hooked by Dawna Matthew


Prairie Remnant
Designed by: GoingGray
Hooked by: Dawna Matthew
Size: 40” x 28”
Cuts: #6 & some #4, wool
Teacher: Started with Iris Simpson at Green Mountain Rug School, June 2013


I consider this to be my first “real” rug. Previously I had only made two small pillows. The pattern is Prairie Remnant and is from Going Gray. I was attracted to the pattern because of the various flowers and the possibility for using bright, cheerful colours. I dyed most of the wool myself except for the background which is Dorr Oatmeal. The dip dye for the Blazing Stars was especially fun! I started the rug in a workshop at Green Mountain Rug School in an open class with Iris Simpson. Iris’s guidance, instruction and support were instrumental in giving Prairie Remnant a solid beginning. This rug hangs in my house and brings sunshine to us daily!


For more information about the Monarch Migration, follow these links:





Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs

Picnic