Special Show & Tell/ Happy New Year 2016

2016 is Here!
May each day of the New Year bring you pleasant surprises!

2016
Sudoku Rug by Brenda Ticehurst, Illustration by Maria Romero



This piece has been featured in our Show & Tell / April 2009!

Sudoku
Designed and Hooked by Brenda Ticehurst


When planning my next rug, I wanted to do something that would be more interactive for viewers. In the summer at the cottage our family does Sudoku contests. It gave me the idea to hook one. I chose a puzzle that was symmetrical. It is a medium difficult one. To make it more colorful I assigned a consistent colour to each number. At the bottom I made a pocket to hold pencils and a paper copy of the puzzle for those who wanted to try it. I also hooked a few individual numbers that could be pinned in place when viewing the work. It is hooked on burlap with #6 Wool strips.


Sudoku Rug by Brenda Ticehurst
Sudoku Rug by Brenda Ticehurst

Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs

Picnic