Show & Tell - April 2009


Louise G. de Tonnancour

Round trip to New Mexico
Designed and hooked by Louise G. de Tonnancour

I always wanted to see New Mexico.  My dream became reality during a March school break.  Upon my return, I designed and decided to make this rug in the punchneedle technique.  60" in diameter



Brenda Ticehurst

Sudoku
Designed and Hooked by Brenda Ticehurst

When planning my next rug, I wanted to do something that would be more interactive for viewers.  In the summer at the cottage our family does Sudoku contests.  It gave me the idea to hook one.  I chose a puzzle that was symmetrical.  It is a medium difficult one.  To make it more colorful I assigned a consistent colour to each number.  At the bottom I made a pocket to hold pencils and a paper copy of the puzzle for those who wanted to try it.  I also hooked a few individual numbers that could be pinned in place when viewing the work. It is hooked on burlap with #6 Wool strips.



Ailish O'Keefe

Maureen and her boys
Designed and Hooked by Ailish O'Keefe
 
When my children were small I used to draw "stickmen" for them - we would make up stories (like in comic books) and do stickmen for illustrations.  My daughter Maureen reminded about that and she asked that I do a rug showing her and her four boys, using the old stickmen - she drew them so she could put in the particular smile of each of her sons - so voila!!!  Here they are - hooked by her Mom.
I used number 6 cuts -  from three colours of fabric that I put together because I love the combination of those bright colours.





Popular posts from this blog

Rugs at Centennial Park

Rug Hooking Tour

200 Cushions

Rug Hooking Designs

Picnic